Friday, July 16, 2010

Cake #5- Ina Garten's Lemon Cakes


This was the perfect cake for a hot summer day because it was so fresh tasting- I even had it for breakfast this morning with fresh blueberries.

I really don't have a whole lot of tips for you on this cake, we made it without any troubles :)

The recipe calls for 6-8 large lemons... We really only needed 4 and a half for the lemon zest and 4 lemons for the juice. So if I were you I would only buy 6 large lemons :)

Follow the directions to a T and it will turn out well- But to help the lemon syrup soak into the cake a bit more, we took a tooth pick and poked tiny holes in the top of each cake and then spooned the lemon syrup on top.

You may have noticed in the picture above that these cakes weren't quite as glamorous as our previous cakes- that's because our decorator extraordinaire is on her honeymoon! Congrats to the newly married couple! :)


p.s. If you want the recipe just take a look at yesterday's posting :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment