Friday, July 23, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

This week I ended up making a non- Ina Garten recipe- but in my defense these are probably some of the best cupcakes I have ever eaten :)

The recipe asks you to whisk baking soda and vinegar and then add it into the cake batter (I had a minor panic attack at this point- primarily because I was reminded of the elementary school volcano project, where you mix baking soda and vinegar so that it will explode out of the top of the volcano, like lava). But I just assumed that whoever wrote the recipe knew what they were doing. Big surprise (not really) it fizzed a little, but the small amounts of baking soda and vinegar prevented it from developing into a disaster.

Confession: I didn't actually make the frosting because we were up against the clock and I had to go to work. So I'm unsure of the recipe and process... But I'm sure I can have someone else fill you in.

For now, just enjoy the picture I took of the red velvet cupcakes with my new camera:)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment